Sunday, August 15, 2010

The REAL Me

This is me. The me without makeup, the me that hasn't gotten "dolled up" yet. The me that I see always, whether I'm wearing makeup and have my hair done or not - this is as real as it gets. There is a point to this blog and I am finally comfortable with this - so many people would be so proud of me for this! It's shocking. Feel free to pick up your jaws Seth & Hannah. I really did post a picture with no makeup on! Two actually!


This is the real me. I decided to take a picture of myself without any make up and without my hair dry and just be RAW. I have not taken a picture of myself without make up and not been repulsed in a very long time. There are all kinds of issues behind that - trust, body image, self-worth. But right now, at this point in my life, is the time I want to work on these issues. Am I "thin?" No. Am I "gorgeous?" No. But I am me. I know that I have features that are "pretty" but overall I feel like I have to enhance or have to change or have to work on these things - but why?

So because I wrote the blog "Dear Past Me" I want to do this one....

Dear Future Me:

Please always remember how you felt about things when you were younger. Never let life get in the way of living - "life" as in money, jobs, things to do, cleaning, kids' stuff. Always take a day for yourself once a month (or even once a week!) and watch shows you like, take bubble baths, read good books, and be nice! ;) Never forget why you are who you are - I'm sure that I will have changed by this time, but there will always be this time in my life - this crazy time where we are making it living off of nothing and my babies are my dogs (not that that will change - I will just add human babies! haha) I don't ever want to overwhelm myself with mundane things like I see so many people do and have a tendency towards myself now. I wish for my future self that I let myself enjoy it when I have what I want NOW. When we are stable money-wise and married and whatnot, when life is what I dream of right now, I really hope I appreciate it and appreciate myself for what I HAVE done and not what I HAVEN'T done! Dear Future Me: You are beautiful and different; interesting and unique; fabulous and intelligent and always always caring. Life is scary and money-woes are scary - but don't ever live scared. Love yourself and Love others; and let yourself feel.

Love, Current Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment