Friday, August 6, 2010

Dear Past Me...


This is an idea that my bff Hannah gave to me.

Dear Past Me,

If I could tell "past me" something, I would say this. It is not that big of deal. Drama isn't worth it. Boys are dumb. And you are so much prettier than you think. Size 14 is not fat - it is sexy as hell, especially when you are 5'9. If boys are not interested, wait for a man. Continue to value education and have a good time, but don't mess up. Drive carefully and pay attention - other drivers are the problem. Be better friends - don't take people for granted and don't bother with fake people. Be you. "Be a best friend. Tell the truth. Overuse I love you." <-- Except I love you should only be used when the emotion is ACTUALLY present. I wish that I had kept my childhood fascination through middle and high school. I wish that I had not given a certain "friend" the time of day - and that I had been a better friend to another friend. I would tell myself to be wiser and less "narcissistic." The fact that I FELT fat I wish I could have changed. I was not. Size 12, 14 is not fat. ESPECIALLY when you are tall. I wish I had known that, to preserve some self-esteem. Bye past me. :) You're beautiful and smart and honest, caring and loyal and sexy in your own right. Love you!! Here is a favorite picture from high school of me and Ashley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment