Saturday, July 3, 2010

Orlando - Harry Potter!

OH MY. I would say I'm exhausted, but really, sleeping a few hours in the car has sustained me for a while. :) Where do I even begin?! I told you it was going to be a blog of epic proportions when I got back from Orlando...and I suspect I will be right (as usual!) I'm kidding. My family would be sure I knew this. haha. Well here ya go. On Thursday, Seth and I dropped our babies off at their doggie vacation AKA Bark Avenue for the week. Sad day. :/ And then Friday we babysat Ava and took her swimming for several hours - too bad the "plan" to wear her out backfired. ha. Go figure. ;) WELL then the good stuff began the next day. Saturday we left at 8am for Orlando!! It took a while...but we figured it would. We ate at Bob Evans - which, btw, we need here. AND we need a Macaroni Grill around here. Please Georgia? Be nice?

So Sunday Seth, Will, Zach and I went to Universal Studios - Islands of Adventure for the Harry Potter attraction(s)! Oh my God. If you're jealous, you probably should be. It was VERY realistic and I was impressed with almost everything. :) The first picture below is Hogsmeade. It was funny because the snow glitters. :)


This next picture was taken by Seth while we waited in line for a ride - obviously it's me and my brothers. :p See any resemblance? At all? Maybe? I wish. They're so pretty. haha.

This was them inside Hogwarts - there were a LOT of cool pictures that were in there but I'm NOT posting them all! Here's the dish - lots of holograms (sp?) and lots of cool things. The pictures even talked and moved and stuff! And yeah. It was really cool.

Here's Hogwarts from the outside, taken on the bridge at the first entrance to the HP part of the park.

Gryffindor won! Or was winning? I don't know. And I know I spelt that wrong, at least I'm partially sure. I haven't read the books since middle school, give me a break.

WELL, on the day that we went to Islands of Adventure we got there SUPER early (as in, before the park opened at 9 am, we were there at like 8) And we waited in line for a while, starting sweating even before getting anywhere, BUT we finished doing a lot in the Harry Potter part before the HUGE masses of people arrived. It was just a...small mass of people at first? Well then the rest of the day was easy peasy. We went to the Dr. Seuss part of the park (yes. ages 13, 16, 20, and 22) Here are the boys with the "conductor" at the Dr. Seuss ride - it went soooo fast! I am kidding. The last picture is me and Zach on the ride.
I think I'm going to do a separate post for other days of the week. This was Sunday, to reiterate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment