Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Oh, School

Honestly, I'm not even sure what to say about the last two days. I went to my first day of class on Tuesday. 10 am my History class starts - I am bored by halfway through. Which is good, that means I wasn't bored for the FIRST hour. I find out that we have a quiz in that class basically every single day - the first one was today, Wednesday. After this class, I go to my Psychology of Dreams class at 12:30. The professor is kind of... I'm not sure the word. He's very passive, laissez-faire-ish? Like "the responsibility is on the student." And when asked the required length of journals he says "it's not how long, it's what." Kind of goofy I guess, but I kind of like him. Then I went to my Philosophy class - we started learning about Hinduism. Speaking of which, Hinduism is kind of fascinating. It seems to be more of a lifestyle than a religion - and I do not mean that in any sort of bad way. Maybe that IS how religion is supposed to be, rather than the western culture's approach.

Then I went with Seth and Elea out to dinner right after class at 5:30. When Seth and I came home, I wrote my paper for Philosophy (yes, a paper due on the second day of class..) And briefly studied for my History quiz. Then I vegged out. I had too. Yesterday was basically over 8 hours of school. Condensed. Ugh. Ugh. Oh well.

So today, in History Erica and I realize that maybe we didn't study the right book for the quiz? And we didn't. So we quickly studied it before the quiz. We at least passed! Hooray! Then in Psychology we broke into our "dream groups." I didn't mention this before, but 1. Renee and Andi are in my Psyc class and 2. we have dream groups. obviously. Our "dream groups" are basically 5-7 people from the class that meet every day to discuss our dreams and/or class material and/or both of those things in tandem. Not entirely sure what we are supposed to do yet! Oh well. So then, after that class, I went to Philosophy and turned my paper in, and then sat for 2.5 hours. I really like this professor, he's really cool, BUT, by 3:00 or later my interest in school has greatly deteriorated, as would be expected. I feel bad about that, like I should be better prepared to pay attention. But I'm not. Sorry Dr. Tietjen!

Now I'm at the apartment. Typing this in order to procrastinate studying for ANOTHER quiz in History tomorrow and writing my Dream Journal. Sounds kind of stupid. But my hand hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment