Saturday, July 3, 2010

Uno Mas (One More, right?)

Sorry if I spelled the title wrong - I probably did! Did I Hannah?

So here's a "real-time" update. We are back from Orlando, Fl. We had a good time, but I've got to admit it was a bit tiring at times. I would like to mention that I bought the new Chelsea Handler book (Chelsea, Chelsea, Bang, Bang) and it's hilarious. FYI. :) IF you like her humor. Which I do.

Anyways, right now we are sitting in the bed. Seth is watching the race at Daytona, Chevy is asleep on my feet, Lucy is asleep under the bed, and people are driving cars on TV. :) I had a good time this week but I've come to realize this: I like my family individually, but together, we can be a disastrous combo. Together, it's like everyone's personalities clash in so many small ways that it escalates. I don't mean all the time, but it's more than when it's just some of us. I realized this pretty early on in the trip, but didn't feel it was appropriate to say during my recap of the days. Families are weird entities. Each individual has faults and redeeming qualities. But put anyone into a group and you'll have some issues, right?

ALSO... today is July 3rd. Saturday. Tomorrow is July 4th, SO...


Monday marks the last day of my summer vacation. On Tuesday my hellish, shitty, no-good, very-bad schedule starts. Yay. Monday thru Friday, 10 to 5:15. Hello Hell, my name is Amelia. Please let me make it through. Thanks.

I'm not excited, nor happy. I'm not even energized. Normally I'm like "yay, that much closer to graduation at least" but... it isn't happening yet. Maybe I'm just tired. But more than likely, I'm burnt out on school...since that has been the case for like a year. Oh Lord, just let me make it through this one final year with a good GPA, a good GRE score, my sanity, my loved ones (and their sanity) and nothing too terribly bad. Maybe a job too. :) I think part of this is that I miss my friends from school. I miss Hannah and Elea, lol. School without my bff's is silly. Where is my motivation??? haha. I know, I know. I'm supposed to be a big girl and motivate myself. BUT. Too bad. I'm not. I need outside motivators. haha. Oh I'm a mess you guys. :) But you love me. :) I love me at least and I'm pretty sure Seth does too. ;)

Night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment