Sunday, January 16, 2011

Steelers, School & Dresses


What a past couple of days. Pretty boring EXCEPT the Steelers have advanced to the AFC Division playoffs!!! They beat the Baltimore Ravens 31-24 for the chance to play the New York Jets and get to the Superbowl - AGAIN! *Fingers Crossed*

The Jets beat the Patriots today though, meaning they are pretty good. haha. We'll see how next week goes, but of course: GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, just so I can remember this when I read back over this, the Falcons lost last night to the Packers. The Packers were 6th seed and the Falcons were 1st seed in the NFC. It was kind of bizarre. I'm pretty sure they were "supposed" to win? So now, with the Falcons (number one in NFC) and the Patriots (number on in AFC) out...it looks like the SuperBowl will be teams with less than perfect regular season records. I think the best one is the Steelers, but I'm not sure about the Bears.

------

Today, we went grocery shopping, yay! And of course went to eat. We went to McDonalds (we being me, Seth & Hannah) And I literally spent $1.27 on a double cheeseburger, medium fry and medium drink. YES!!! YAY FOR COUPONS!!! hahaha.

After that, Seth and I came back and did some much needed cleaning in our bedroom and bathroom. Now it's pretty frickin' awesome except for some rugs that need to be washed in the bathroom and we want to wash the dog beds soon. After we bathe the dogs...also soon. haha.

-----

So we start back to school finally on Tuesday. Tomorrow we are out for MLK, Jr Day. I got my book in, too, so Dr. Dillon can stop giving me bad grades for not having my book. JERK. That really irritates me. I couldn't help the SNOW/ICE STORM that kept my books from arriving. Luckily it only affected one assignment, but I was worried it would affect this coming up week. Thank goodness I got it in the mail yesterday!! Btw, I think I'm going to dislike this class. It's really stupid and pointless. I get that we're supposed to use it to "prepare for after we graduate," but okay. On the syllabus, is to write a resume, research graduate programs, apply to graduate programs, write a cover letter and learn about the GRE. Of course, that's not ALL, but I've done those things!! I have already turned in all of my graduate school applications. I've already taken the GRE obviously since my apps are done. I have a resume. I know how to write a cover letter. Why in the heck?? lol. Also, the assignment we did the other day was to pick out of the possible career paths and pick what we want to do. Mine WASN'T ON THERE. It pissed me off. So I improvised. I did the assignment, but I did extra, by adding in what I needed for my actual career as well. ;) haha.

-----

Anyways, I'm not sure what else to put. OH! Friday we went dress shopping! Mom texted me on Thursday and let me know there was a sale on bridal gowns at David's Bridal this weekend. We figured, hey, let's at least go look at see what they have! So we went and it was wonderful. The saleslady was very attentive and knew what I was looking for. The second dress I tried on is quite possibly, "the one." We decided that if we can't beat it (which I kind of doubt!) We will go back and get it later. It's perfect. It's so "me."

No comments:

Post a Comment