Monday, June 11, 2012

Hi Blog!!

I know it's been quite a while since I've updated! What's happened? Well, I turned 22 last week. I felt old and it was a really boring birthday. I mean, what wouldn't be a let down after an awesome 21st? Lol. It wasn't a big deal. Seth had to work, it was just "ok." I had lunch with my Dad, Will and Maggie on my actual birthday at Olive Garden and then the next day I had dinner with my Mom, Will, Zach, Ava, Tyler, Mark, Nanny and Seth. I don't have pictures or anything like that either, which I know is *so* not me. But 22 is kind of boring sounding.

Then on June 5 Jackie came to our first anniversary at Four Corners Woman's Club. I love FCWC because I just love volunteering and I love how fun the projects are and I love the fact that it gives me a unique social outlet. Jackie said she enjoyed it and plans to join!! I'm so excited to have one of my favorite friends join something I love! I think she will really enjoy it as well. :) How fun. Plus now there will be at least one other member under the age of 30 since Courtney is moving. :( Maybe we will continue to recruit other younger members and get a truly diverse group of women involved. I wonder if Ava counts? haha.

Let's see, what else. Oh! Mom couldn't make it to Will's orientation at UWG so I played "parent" for him. It was June 8 and June 9, so we had to stay overnight. Now...I am not a fan of those icky dorms or sharing a room with some random person who is likely twice my age or close to it. Lol. So I got a hotel room -- it's bad when your hotel room has nicer features than your house isn't it? ;-) Oh the joys of being young! Haha. What I am referring to is the fact that it had a super comfy King size bed (yay!), a really nicely tiled bathroom (jealous!) and a big flat screen tv. Which, we have a big flat screen in the living room but our bedroom one is purely old school and we don't have cable upstairs, just a dvd player. Lol.

His orientation was interesting -- I am SO excited for him! On one hand I'm nervous and I'm going to miss my little brother but I am soooo excited for him to get to grow and learn and be a part of something so interesting. I miss college. I don't miss *everything* about college, but I do miss a lot of it. It made me re-think some things about where I want to end up in my career, but not in my usual panicky crazy way. Lol.

Yesterday we went shopping for some of his dorm stuff! Eek! So exciting. I made him a huge list of things you need to bring that they don't tell you! haha. One other thing is that we found out that my parents will probably travel to China in September to go adopt Jenn. :) Or Jennifer, whichever she decides to go with. I prefer Jenn, but ya know. ;)

Jackie got me addicted to True Blood, lol. I hadn't watched it because we didn't have HBO or anything. Then Jackie let me borrow Season 1 and Season 2 and I became addicted! I found a way to watch Seasons 3 and 4 and added HBO On Demand to our Comcast, lol. I had to! I never do anything like that for myself, so no, I'm not sorry. I usually just don't get what I want that is "frivolous."


Wanna know why? Yeah. Him. 

Let's see.... Not much else. Oh! I figure I've become somewhat of a social media guru? Lol. Let me explain. Besides the obvious (the fact that I have a FB, Twitter and a Blog) I am the State Social Media Facebook (and Twitter) Chair for GFWC Georgia. I am going to be the FCWC Facebook Admin once I get the info. I created my Dad's D&D Design Benefits website and now I've added to my portfolio that I've created a website for Seth to sell his buildings. He is a certified dealer for R&B Metal Structures and we're hoping this will be a good supplemental income for us right now! Since, ya know, I didn't get the job I interviewed for at the school. :-( Oh well, onwards and upwards! But his grandfather used to sell these buildings and it seemed to work out well for him, so we're hoping to carry it on. It's really cool actually since it can be WHATEVER you want really. A carport so you don't get hail damage on your car or a storage facility for the backyard...all the way up to a literal 2-car garage or even a 4+ car garage, a barn for horses, a mechanical shop. SO many options! Just for some more exposure, here is the link to his new "website." And yes, it's a blog technically because we don't want to pay for a domain name and all that jazz. :) http://masseymetalstructures.blogspot.com/


That's really it other than the fact that Seth is going to like his birthday presents, or at least he better! :) His 24th birthday is Friday. We really are getting older, huh?

June birthdays. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment