Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year I found it a bit harder to be overjoyed and thankful; I definitely had to work a LOT harder to feel thankful than in years past where my whole family was present and in good health.

Maybe I sound melo-dramatic, but the month of November has been pretty darn crappy! November 1st, my Papa passes away. November 21, I have surgery with life-changing results. My Nanny went to the hospital on November 22 (and had other episodes disbursed throughout the month) and I've just been feeling stressed lately. So yeah, it was harder to find that joy this year. I know you have to take the bad with the good, and that's what kept me going.

I know I am an incredibly lucky young woman. I have an AMAZING support system; I have the best mother, the best siblings, and the best fiance a girl could ask for. (Now I'm not saying everything is always peachy, lol). I have a great step-dad and the sweetest, most perfect Nanny in the universe. I have the two BEST and cutest doggies in the world (one of which is dreaming and running in her sleep, making cute noises right now). I have an INCREDIBLE home that we can call ours and grow into. I have everything anyone could need and lots of things that are just wants. I have my true close friends who are there for me through the hard times. And I have my integrity, my strong sense of self and purpose, and my morals/values.

I am very blessed and thankful, though I miss my Papa more than imaginable and I wish I didn't have certain things to deal with. But at the end of the day, I know God will never give me more than I can handle. I feel like I'm handling myself fairly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment