Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy September

Happy September!
I know I'm a few (about 6) days late on that, but as I thought my blogging has been reduced since school started. That's probably NOT a good thing since my stress levels have gone UP. lol. I think I forgot how to write a good blog...

So I'll tell you about my days, but not in order. We can ignore today - while it WAS Labor Day I spent most of it in bed asleep due to a late night. I also spent a lot of it driving. I DID enjoy seeing my puppies again! I missed them. They really need to nap soon, they are getting on my nerves. lol.

But here is yesterday: Yesterday was Sunday - aka NASCAR day to Seth - and it was the Atlanta night race. I believe the Emory Healthcare 500. We spent the first part of the day at a lot of vendors and booths. Got a couple of free things and did some other cool things and then we got our tickets (thank goodness for student discounts!) For the record, we were in the Elliot grandstands and to be honest I really liked our view other than the climbing 294885402 steps to get there and the drunks in front of us. lol.

It was me, Seth, Shane (Seth's brother) and Heather. Tony Stewart (Alicia's favorite driver) won the race. It sucked that she missed it. :/ Dale, Jr did good until the end. He spent the whole time on the leader board (top 20) but by the end he wasn't even up there because he pitted too late. I think. There will be pictures, but we have to wait for Shane & Heather to post them because our camera battery wasn't holding a charge. I'll post those later on.

Let's go back a day. Saturday the 4th. Spent the morning with Ava and Nic. Ava and I played on theknot.com and made her "inner bride." Of course she will be gorgeous. She is obsessed with all things sparkly so she had fun. We made like 5! haha. It was so cute. Later that day, Me and Mom went to see Eat, Pray, Love. It's a book I read right before I went to college. It was a graduation present from Lynn Garrett of the Service Guild. :) It ended up being one of my favorite books because it applies to every life situation, regardless of the specifics. For the record, I recommend it. The book, that is. The movie was okay and served as a good reminder about the books stories and lessons, but it wasn't that great. We went to dinner at LongHorn and talked about wedding stuff and marriage, oddly enough.

Friday night I decided to go home. It was the Eastside-Newton game. Good ol' fashioned rivalry. For the record, Eastside has won for the past several years, but this game was not that game. I am an Eastside alum, so it was sad, but here's why: Because they didn't have my brother! ha. And their student section sucked. Which as a former "Most School Spirit" female senior superlative it was just sad. They hardly even did anything. Get it together youngins. lol. Ava and I left early though and went home to watch Pocahontas II. :) It was good. We had popcorn together too. She was so excited. :) I am so blessed to have my siblings, they all bring something new to the table.

Back to Thursday? I'm not really sure. I know I went to class and was bored a lot. But on WEDNESDAY, Mary talked me into the Honors college thing. So I've since gotten in touch with all of my teachers that I want to convert their classes to honors. I'm doing 4. I decided to do: Research Practicum, Correctional Programs, Psychology of Visual Culture, and Terrorism. I hope I don't regret this! It should be worth it though - a degree with Honors for doing a bit of extra work. I doubt you can go wrong with that. Hopefully it helps get me where I want to get in life.

Speaking of which, I don't know if I blogged about it yet, but I've decided on my "new" graduate school plan. I do this where I have a plan for like years and then I change it. I did it in high school too. But it has definitely worked out for me for my undergrad! So what I now know I want to do is get my Masters in Social Work. I really like VSU's hybrid program, but I am still looking at the other good schools of course. I just like the hybrid part - the mostly online, flexible, part. It works best with my ideals for the next few years. Fingers crossed because I take the GRE next month!!

OKAY. Well that should sum it up for the most part. Pictures to come from the race, but that's all. Au revoir!

1 comment:

  1. I was upset too....didn't have any desire to watch it or care, but to know that I am also the Superlative Alum, I get pissy about them losing to Newton 2 years in a row.

    ReplyDelete