Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Birthday Week :p


So today is my actual birthday! 20. No longer a teenager and all that. Birthdays lose their sparkle as you get older, don't they? Sad but true. My little sister sang "Happy Birthday" the other day SO many times and I was just thinking.... damn I wish I could be that excited about ANYTHING! Anyways. Here are the pictures of my "first birthday weekend." I went home for Sunday and Monday. On Sunday, Nanny, Mommy and I went to see the beautiful Lady Diana exhibit at the Civic Center. It was absolutely GORGEOUS, of course. She was such a great woman, no wonder everyone loved her. It was really cool because they talked about the small town that my Nanny grew up in (King's Lynn) because she (Lady Di) and her sister both went to school there before her father inherited the Earldom. (Yes, that is SO neat to me that they still talk in terms of Earldom's and Princesses!)

They also had some SERIOUS jewelry. No cameras allowed unfortunately :( BUT let me describe: There was a necklace with 84 diamonds. 84!! And they were all the size of a button! It was incredible. They also had 27 of her outfits that she wore from the time she married Prince Charles to her death. Some of them were gorgeous - others were.... well.... the 80s. haha. They had her wedding gown with that massive 25-foot train too. I didn't realize she was just 19 when she married him! Anyways, we all enjoyed it, especially Nanny. :)

Then we went to Cracker Barrell (haha, my choice) for my family birthday dinner. That would be: Me, Will, Zach, Ava, Mom, Mark, Nanny & Papa. We were laughing because they thought that some of us were cousins or something. We were like no. This is immediate family. Anyways. Then we went back to the house and did cake and presents. (Cake = REALLY good, btw) And we took some pictures. :p Here they are. First one is obviously me and my siblings - it was my birthday present from the boys. :) The second one is Ava and Nanny playing with the paper from the present. haha. Then it's me and my papa - we do that every time we see each other since I can't remember when and it's actually a very special picture to me. Then it's me and my beautiful Mommy. I love her. :) Then me and Ava :) After cake! Haha and then... me and my boys. We were told to look natural. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment