Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Obsession: Olympics 2012

I always love watching the Olympics...and can typically be found watching them until the wee hours of the morning, regardless of what time I have to get up. Thankfully they are mostly before the school year starts. ha. :) AND now there's the DVR....but I still like to watch them when they come on.



Some of my major obsessions SO FAR (note it's only a few days in) are:

Ryan Lochte -- He's absolutely adorable (always has been), an excellent swimmer, and seems really fun. Yay for him winning more gold - and some silver and bronze as well. :)

The Michael Phelps/Ryan Lochte Bromance. I know there is a lot of hype saying "showdown" between them as they are both excellent, but if you really watch them, they are good friends...and have been since 2004 when Lochte came to his first Olympics. SO adorable.

One of my non-USA people of interest would be Tom Daley. He's so adorable! It's his 2nd Olympics at 18 - precious.

The AMAZING women's gymnastics team! I'll admit, I was skeptical when there was no Nastia or Shawn (still a bit sad!) BUT these girls did incredibly. I'm also still sad for Jordyn Wieber after that ridiculous rule, but they are great. Super impressed with McKayla Maroney and her AMAZING vault that helped Team USA win team Gold.

Back to swimming....Nathan Adrian winning his first gold was probably the most adorable thing ever. But really.

I've loved watching Kerri & Misty for years, and this year is no doubt. They are incredible together, and I'm sad that they'll never be in another Olympics together again. BUT... 

Jen Kessy & April Ross may just be America's next "Walsh & May" team. They are really good already! I'll be interested to see how it all plays out.
Also? Missy Franklin is amazing.
And just for fun, and your viewing pleasure:
http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/2012/06/meet-4-hot-half-naked-olympic-2012-swimmers-glamour-july-2012 (for more of THAT, haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment