Wednesday, February 8, 2012

24 days!!!

Welcome to February, dearest blog! It is now 24 days until we are married!! I am so excited.

There are still a lot of loose ends to tie up, like music selections, printing the programs, and our last 2 pre-marital counseling sessions. By the way, speaking of our counseling -- our counselor/officiate basically said to us, "You guys have been together for so long I'm not even worried. You have your heads on straight." Le sigh. I felt so good after that! I know it's true. Four years together, many of which spent living together, has proven to us that even when we're annoying as shit to each other, we still work towards a common goal.

Reminded me of this quote: 
Young Noah: Well that's what we do, we fight... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing.
Young Allie: So what?
Young Noah: So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day.
 

We got our marriage license a couple of days ago too! So cool. It made it feel much more official. Oh! And we had our very first wedding-related event! Our super awesome fun His & Hers Shower!

Our awesome MoH Jackie and BM Shane planned it. It was a game theme - think poker table, board games, dice and cards kind of vibe. It was a "younger" shower, mostly, and we had a great time! Still realizing that we are better friends to people than they are to us...that'll change though. We're both tired of those types of people, no worries. :)

Here are a few pictures of our shower:










We had an excellent time and are truly appreciative for the cool gifts we got! Thank You cards were of course out ASAP, in true "My Mother is Dr. Mom" style. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment