Sunday, January 22, 2012

Loss Scrapbook

So I found a project that I did in December of 2008. It was for a class called Personal Relationships (a low-level Psychology class.) It was interesting to find it again, especially as tomorrow is my Papa's birthday. He would have been 81.

I wanted to share what I wrote, but I didn't want to photo copy it on here.

The first page has pictures of me and my "am-mama."
Loss of a Loved One
I hadn't lost anyone close to me since my Grandma in 1994.
I wrote, "I've learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon."

Next:
Loss of my belief in Happily Ever After.
"I've learned that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades and there had better be something else to take it's place."
Complete with a picture of me in my dress-up wedding dress. :-)

Loss of Optimism
"I've learned that you can keep going long after you think you can't."

Loss of my ability to Trust Unconditionally.
"I've learned that it takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it. I've learned that forgiving takes practice."
Complete with pictures of me and my Dad when I was little.

Loss of Childhood Naivete.
"I've learned that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different."

Loss of my belief in Santa Claus. (on a lighter note, Lol)
"I've learned that money is a lousy way of keeping score."

Loss of Childhood
"I've learned that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be."
There is an eerie picture of a past birthday party, with empty table. Almost as if those of us there CHOSE to leave.

Loss of my Musical Ability ;-) (again, lighter)
"Those who wish to sing, always find a song." -- Swedish Proverb

My note that says, How to get through them all:
Our momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. Corinthians 4:17.

Finally, "I've learned that it's not what happens to people that's important. It's what they DO about it."


After finding it today, I've started adding to it.

Loss of Stability/Loss of the Only Man to ALWAYS Be There.
These cherished memories that you hold will never be lost, for what you carry in your heart is yours to keep forever. <3

Also added:
Loss of Faith in things "Always Working Out."
Surgery 11.21.11. PCOS/Endo.

Still a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment