Sunday, August 7, 2011

August is here! So is our HOUSE!

I am glad, because I am SO READY for fall and football! And not-97-degrees-everyday temperatures. I really, really, really, really (you get the picture) hate the heat. I despise it. I don't like to sweat just getting to my car or walking around outside. It's gross. End of that complaint though.

Speaking of that, we are going to be sweating our butts off either this week or next weekend because: WE'RE MOVING AND WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! Closing should be some time this week, next week at the latest and we are super ecstatic! One of the things I hate though, is that my genuine happiness and excitement has been tampered by all of the stress that goes into running out of lease time and needing to know when closing is and whatnot. Of course, it's mostly a money issue, because if we have to stay here for a few extra days, it's almost $30 per day! Yikes!

So I've been planning for the best and have packed probably 75% of our stuff already. My goal was to do a little bit every single day so it wasn't as overwhelming. That didn't go *exactly* as I had planned, because I was gone for several days babysitting Ava, but still we have a minimum of 5 days left and I could be done packing tomorrow if I needed to be. :) Bought several really good totes for things that we can keep for storage which is super handy!

It's really weird. We've been in this very apartment for 2 whole years. When we moved in, we were 19 and 21. We brought both Lucy and Chevy home here. We got engaged while we were living here. I graduated college and Hannah graduated college while we were living here. So much has happened in this space or while we have lived here that it's sort of sad...but at the same time Oh My Goodness! No more noisy neighbors, at least not right next to us or right under us. No more screaming loud annoying kids running up and down the stairs screaming. No more PARKING LOTS! No more stairs just to get inside. No more lugging groceries up to our apartment - no, instead, we simply open our garage door and enter OUR KITCHEN! :) It's funny how you appreciate silly little things more once you've gotten used to certain settings. We will have a YARD for the puppies to run around in and explore. *Sigh* This is an amazing thing. I am super excited!! Now just to get it all worked out logistically and I will be able to breathe easy. Please, please, let us close by Friday!

By the way, our house that is cuter than ever. It's a two-story Cape Cod style with 3 beds/2.5 baths. On more than half an acre. :) *sigh* Love. Without further adieu......

No comments:

Post a Comment