Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lost

About 30 percent to 40 percent of women with endometriosis are infertile, making it one of the top three causes of female infertility. Dagger. To. My. Heart. Why did I even look this up? Why am I torturing myself like this?

Well, here's why. This morning, I got a call from my OB/GYN. They wanted to move my surgery up. It was originally planned for mid-December and now it is scheduled for mid-November. This made me have a minor panic in my brain. In case you've since forgotten, I was under the impression that I had PCOS. As it turns out, I only have it verrrry mildly. Not enough to cause the issues I've been having. After my last U/S the OB/GYN office called and said they suspect I maybe have endometriosis (symptoms match) and since it's not PCOS, this is the next logical thought. They then scheduled me for a laparoscopy. That's the surgery I'm now moving up a month.

Here's the thing. If I don't have Endo, then what the hell do I have? There are not that many fertility disorders and one has so far been sort of ruled out. I can't decide what would be better for my mental health. To have endo, and then deal with a known issue and figure it out from there...or to still be trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with me after over a YEAR of actively attempting to figure it out and working with my Doctor.

I am honestly this close to breaking down and crying because it feels like my body hates me sometimes. I want to be a Mommy so badly that I even cried watching a Pampers commercial. Granted, it was one that really hit home, but still! I CRIED. No, we're not actively trying to have a child right this very second but I'll be honest. If I find out in a month that I for sure have Endo and that it will greatly decrease my chances to wait...then we will be having a series of discussions. I would feel so lost if I was told that and then we decided to wait until everything is perfect. I don't know what to do. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment